[python-uk] Educator-Developer forum

Leo Huckvale leohuckvale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 04:16:50 EDT 2016

Hi all,

 At the "Adopt a Teacher/Developer" session at PyCon UK last weekend, I and
a couple of other developers met with a teacher who suggested building a
forum/portal/Q&A site for educators and developers to interact. The main
aims of this would be to provide somewhere:

- where educators could go and ask questions from developers (at *any*
level, without fear, and preferably at short notice)
- to continue "ed-dev" dialogue from PyCon throughout the year
- to build a community around teaching Python in schools

 It was suggested to me that this might fit somewhere under the PSF mantle,
and that there are already plans afoot to build an education site there.

 One of our number is currently setting up an Askbot site, so we can get a
few developers and educators on board and see how it goes.

 Please get in touch if you have any comments or know of any similar
projects, or if you want to join in the fun as an educator or developer!

Best regards,
Leo Huckvale