[python-uk] Static site generators with Python

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Sep 2 14:57:43 EDT 2016

Re-subjecting...

On 2 September 2016 at 19:30, Stestagg <stestagg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andy
>
> We use travis to build the site. You can see the travis yaml file and build
> scripts in our repo:
> If you can make your repo public, I would recommend travis as a great way to
> build your site.
We can
> If you've any questions, please ask on or off list.

Thanks for this. I have never touched Travis, but it's time I learned.

If I understand correctly, it's a hosted service which can do pretty
much anything you want when it sees a commit; in this case
- pull from jobs repo
- generate output files
- push back the finished HTML up to the GitHub repo

?
Cool!

(Yes, I've been under a rock for about 10 years)

I am embarking on a rather ambitious project to modernise an entire
sport.  Thousands of clubs have the problem of somewhere between zero
and one webmasters at any one time, and the dynamic  things they need
to do - fixture lists, race results - can just about all he handled by
Javascript these days.  With some nice reusable widgets and standards,
no need for database server.  And GitHub solves the problem of letting
multiple people access the repo and write/edit stories with no coding
skill.

Speaking of which, is or was anyone on this site involved with
athletics or running?

- Andy