[python-uk] ACCUConf Flask application needs help

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Nov 6 05:40:56 EST 2016

Whether it was a good idea or not a couple of volunteers decided to
replace the old ACCU conference proposal submission system (which was
seriously manual) with what was hoped to be a shiny
Flask/Jinja2/SQLAlchemy site. Progress was good then there were issues
and the volunteers were unable to put time in. What is left is a bit of
a mess and in production. I had been handling the Nikola generated
static side of the overall website. I am trying to get up to speed on
the Flask/Jinja2/SQLAlchemy stuff but have other commitments that have
to take priority.

I can offer a speaker deal ACCU 2017 ticket for any volunteer that gets
major pull requests in that fix the bugs (and extends the tests :-) so
that we can get the proposals in and reviewed by the programme
committee.  The source of the whole site (static material and the Flask
application is on GitHub https://github.com/ACCUConf/ACCUConf_Website

I am currently trying to arrange budget to have a paid person in case
there is someone that can put in a short blast of full-time time to get
this working within a few days from now.

If you are in either category and please contact me.

Sadly International Rescue are not available for this crisis.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk