[python-uk] Coding "Bootcamps"

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed May 18 11:11:01 EDT 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 15:52, Zeth <theology at gmail.com> wrote:
> My degrees are in econometrics and theology, and I also somehow found
> myself making a living from writing code. I know theology is much more
> practical than philosophy but I am sure the same logic applies*

There was a great Tim Ferriss podcast where he interviewed Alain de
Boton about what philosophy is and whether it's useful.  From memory,
Alain said something like  "If you can ONLY do it in a university and
there are no jobs in the outside world, that's a sign that your
profession has gone off the rails somewhere...".

Although Google did recently hire a philosopher, I believe...