[python-uk] 2 Principle Engineer roles in London up to £95k

Richard Smith richard at indigo3.com
Tue Dec 6 10:20:36 EST 2016

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 at 14:59 Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> A little innocent fun is OK, but when it runs the risk of being hurtful
> it's probably gone far enough. It would be horrible if the Python community
> got a name for being snide.

 +1

While I didn't post, I considered making something of a contribution, which
was, in hindsight not going to be a positive contribution.

However, lets not forget what the original post was, which is spam. I
object to having that kind of content in my mailbox (have subsequently
added the OP to my shitlist in GApps).

Dyslexia or not, the content of the opportunities that was advertised were
not of acceptable standard:

 - no salary definitions
 - no explanation of benefits
 - nothing but a technology stack as way of skills requirements which is
next to pointless
 - no info on precise location in London
 - naught but a slightly vague title
 - a salary carrot on a long stick (the "up to £95k").

It was clear from the OPs post that no thought was put into making the post
and that her intention was simply to float it out there to get some fish
biting.

Had Sophie made an effort, perhaps I might have been more accommodating. As
it stands, I've no interest in dealing with lazy recruitment agents.

 ~ Rich