[python-uk] Posters wanted!

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:31:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

In case you've forgotten, this year we are launching a poster session at
PyCon UK. Poster sessions are great in a number of ways - they are a good
opportunity to contribute for people who aren't up for giving a talk, they
are a much more interactive way to communicate on a topic, and they are
well suited for exposing ideas that are either too niche or too new and
experimental for the main talk tracks.

While those virtues are formidable, there is still one thing lacking from
making the poster session a key part of PyCon UK - posters!

We have a few excellent posters submitted, but we could easily accommodate
a dozen more, and a strong showing this year would assure the poster
session of return engagement next year.

So please consider submitting a poster - if you have a new wrinkle on
teaching Python, have written an interesting little library to organize
widgets, have unlocked the secrets of Unicode, taught your RPi to babysit
the cat, or literally anything else Pythonic, it could make a good poster.

To propose a poster, please visit http://www.pyconuk.org/programme/ and
fill out the form (the only type of proposal is now "poster") and join us!

And please direct any questions to me at naomi.ceder at gmail.com.

Thanks, and happy postering!

Naomi

--