[python-uk] Trans*Code call for volunteers, mentors, particpants

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:39:06 CET 2015

Speaking of  hackathons, I'd like to make a brief announcement of a
hackday  (yes, just one day - I get tired, too) I'm putting together
focussing on the transgender community. Trans*Code will be beginner
friendly with the goals of bringing new people into the tech community and
building connections as well as hacking on solutions to issues facing trans
and non-binary people.

While it's open to all languages, we're offering a Python tutorial to start
it, and I'd love to have a few Pythonistas on hand to coach and mentor.
Everyone says that the Python community is one of the most inclusive
around, it would be great to show it.

And non-trans allies are most welcome to participate as well - we need all
the allies we can get. :-)

Trans*Code will begin with an install and social event the evening of 27
March, with a day of hacking 28 March. The event will be at GoCardless,
Angel House, 3rd floor, 338-346 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7LQ

For more information go to http://trans-code.org and to register visit our
Eventbrite page at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/transcode-tickets-15831761224

Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. And please feel free to
share.

Cheers,
Naomi Ceder

--