[python-uk] Plone Conference 2014 returns to Bristol this month

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 11:46:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,
 Hope you have all recovered from PyCon UK! Just to give you a heads up, the annual Plone Conference is returning to Bristol this year. The conference is held in a different city around the world each year. After a very successful event in 2010, the conference will again be hosted in Bristol later this month. It will be held at the Thistle Hotel on Broad St, right in the city centre.

Plone is an Open Source Python-based CMS used in Universities, Corporate, Government and Non-Profit areas around the world. It is probably one of the largest Python projects in the world and one of the oldest Open Source CMSes.

If you are interested in Plone, Content Management, Python or Open Source in general, this is a great chance to meet up and chat with experienced people from across the globe. Even if you don’t use Plone, or use different technologies it is a great chance to compare and contrast.

The entire programme spans a full week, with the main 3 days of talks preceded by two days of structured training. There is a two-day development sprint following the main conference days.

This is probably the largest conference for an Open Source project to be held in Bristol, and we are very proud to be welcoming people to our fine city yet again. In 2010 we hosted 300 people from 32 different countries.

The talks list has just been published. We have a fantastic line up of talks ranging from case studies, to front end talks on javascript technologies, to backend python talks, to talks on scaling and hosting. This year we have 45 speakers from 16 countries speaking:

http://2014.ploneconf.org/talks

We also have keynotes from Eric Steele the Plone 5 Release Manager, and a local keynote by Michael Johnson from PocketSpacecraft.comtaking about Kickstarting the Personal Space Age.

As well as training and an exciting line up of talks the conference party has also been organised in a newly renovated brewery 10 minutes walking distance from the conference venue. There will be a large selection of locally brewed ales and larger on offer as well as delicious home cooked food, and if that isn't enough there will also be a local Jazz band offering an evening of entertainment exclusively for conference attendee’s.

For full details and tickets, go to:

http://2014.ploneconf.org

Hopefully see some of you there!

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton, Technical Director
Netsight Internet Solutions Limited

Registered in England No. 3892180
Registered office: 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HU