[python-uk] FlashHacks

Peter Inglesby peter.inglesby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:28:03 CEST 2014

Hi Python UK,

I hope it's appropriate to give a little plug here to something I've been
working on recently.

At OpenCorporates [0], we've been working on a platform for running bots to
scrape and structure public data data. We're launching it by setting a
target to get 10 million data points about companies into OpenCorporates in
the next 10 days.

If you feel like trying it out -- you can write scrapers in Python -- or
giving non-codey feedback, the campaign homepage [1] links to lists of
scrapers that we've suggested, and the tool itself with documentation lives
here [2].

If there is a dataset you think we should we should be scraping, or you
have any other ideas or feedback for #FlashHacks, please let me know,
preferably via our mailing list [3] but just email me otherwise.

Do get in touch!

Peter

[0] http://opencorporates.com
[1] http://missions.opencorporates.com