[python-uk] Advice on decorator grammar

Stestagg stestagg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:46:07 CEST 2013

I've been thinking about this, and the more I see, the more I'm convinced
that this extra gramma would *not* help with generating 'pythonic' code.

Having used decorators as: wrappers, subsituters, dynamic substituters,
dependency injectors, actual decorators and other things (several of these
were mistakes!).  I'm reasonably convinced that any pattern that uses
anonymous classes in decorators can be refactored to be structurally more
pythonic.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong (with specific examples), and I agree with
you that, superficially, this seems like a missing feature.  However, I
feel that in practice, not allowing such syntax is 'a good thing' (tm)

Yours

Steve