[python-uk] Next Cambridge meeting: Tuesday 3rd April

Tony Ibbs Tibs at tibsnjoan.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 18:03:14 CET 2012

From the google group:

The next meeting will be Tuesday 3rd April, 7.30pm at RealVNC (http://tinyurl.com/realvncoffices). We normally stop about 9.30pm, and go on to the pub.

When we first started CamPUG, we used to have pub meetings which were just general conversations, normally centred around Pythonic topics, but sometimes ranging quite broadly. That didn't work perfectly as the only sort of meeting to have, but I feel it is worth deliberately having free form meetings sometimes. As a compromise to "just discussion", I'd like to try having this next meeting as a Questions and Answers session, where people can bring along things they'd like advise on, or topics they would like explaining, or even tips on things they've found useful. Extra points to anyone who suggests a Question on the group before the meeting. If you can't think of anything else, there's always the old fallback of something particular about Python that makes it interesting or useful compared to other programming languages (for instance, I might suggest its dedication to introspection).

Meetings after that should be:
	• Tuesday 1st May, a talks meeting
	• Tuesday 5th June, a non-talks meeting
	• Tuesday 3rd July, a talks meeting again
Tibs