[python-uk] Game of Life / TDD ideas

Michael Grazebrook michael at grazebrook.com
Tue Feb 7 20:23:00 CET 2012

There is no one true way of development. The standards my brother works
to on civil aircraft systems, are utterly different from what I
experience in the commercial world - thank goodness.

As a freelancer, I often come into chatoic clients. Heres a method I
sometimes use:

Most people know what standard should apply before they start a task.
Few remember when deadlines loom.

So you can set up a Wiki with a library of software standards. Small and
simple is nice. Anyone can add or edit standards.

Before starting a task, select the standard. Then the team should hold
them to it. It's flexible, adaptive and can apply to almost any process.