[python-uk] Python Developers - ReportLab, Wimbledon, London

James Tarin jamestarin at 2degreesnetwork.com
Tue Dec 11 14:55:16 CET 2012

You'll get different numbers depending upon where you look:

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/south%20east/python.do

From: Duncan Booth <duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk<mailto:duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk>>
Date: Tuesday, 11 December 2012 13:27
To: UK Python Users <python-uk at python.org<mailto:python-uk at python.org>>
Subject: Re: [python-uk] Python Developers - ReportLab, Wimbledon, London

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM, <chris.dent at gmail.com<mailto:chris.dent at gmail.com>> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Richard Barran wrote:

PS Actually, bad idea. You've just dissuaded 95% of the developer
   population from applying for your job.

Is it fair to say that I hope the salary being offered already does
that? Seems really low for near-London.

Actually I have no idea. Is there a well known range for fair and
appropriate salaries for Python devs in the vicinity of London, or
perhaps it is standard to list low, offer high?

Apparently the average Python salary offered in the UK is £52,500
At least, according to this site it is:
http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/salary-checker/average-python-salary
and if you click through to the other tab the South West London average is £62,500.