[python-uk] FlogTheDogs.com : computer and programming related gear (plus site)

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 23:37:40 CEST 2012

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Gadget/Steve wrote:

> Having lived in London I have to agree with the qualifier that such
> indexing is also very dependent on travel method - as there are some
> journeys that are 25 minutes walk, 10 cycle, 45 drive by car/van (+ at
> least 20 to find a parking space), 15 minutes on the bus (due to bus
> lanes), 55 by tube/train, due to the need to go into the centre to
> change, (especially in South London due to the sparse tube system and
> mostly radial train network).

Adding just the road distance constraint -- i.e. driving time, cycling
time and walking time -- would be a significant step up from having only a
crow-flies distance constraint, for me.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if suitable public transport data were freely
available (maybe buses, though?).  If not, that can wait until after the
secret tunnels support is done.

John