[python-uk] Next Python Sheffield May 31st

Daley Chetwynd d_chetwynd at fastmail.co.uk
Tue May 17 19:48:27 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting will be on Tuesday May 31st at the
GIST Lab. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 21:00, although doors will
be open at the GIST Lab from 18:30. The GIST Lab is located opposite
Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom cinema:

http://thegisthub.net/groups/gistlab

This month is a Version Control System meeting and we have the
following three speakers:

David Jones: Introduction to Perforce
Dave King:  Introduction to Distributed Version Control Systems using
Mercurial
Edward Saxton: Git - Crazy and Immoral

This meeting will be less Python-specific than usual, so bring along
anyone with an interest in VCS software in general. If you'd like to
join us then please register for free at:

http://pysheff1105.eventbrite.com/

We're always looking for future speakers, so if you'd like to talk on
anything Python-related and fancy a trip to Sheffield, please get in
touch. More information can be found on the Python Sheffield group by
following @pysheff on Twitter, or from the Google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

Thanks,

Daley Chetwynd