[python-uk] London Python Roles

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 12:57:13 CET 2010

On 15 Dec 2010, at 00:55, Katie T wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Ben Corke <ben at creue.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, not sure there are enough UK jobs out there to justify a UK
>> board currently, but I'm seeing Python as part of a skillset becoming
>> more and more popular over the last few years, especially in the
>> embedded sector.
>
> I would have said most of the growth is in web dev. Certainly from the
> django events I've been to the majority of django devs seem to be
> doing it professionally.

We've also seen it (as a python web dev company) increase quite a bit in the web field. Another big area I keep seeing python jobs advertised are in the financial services industry. Just as engineers used fortran and business people used cobol, I think financial services are using python for a good language to write calculations/simulations of financial models.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Design | Zope/Plone Development and Consulting | Co-location | Hosting