[python-uk] Python UK user groups / website / coordination

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 18:47:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 2 August 2010 15:58, Zeth <theology at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 August 2010 15:44, Nicholas Tollervey <ntoll at ntoll.org> wrote:
>> Hmmm... I like the app-engine idea since it is v.simple and plain ol' Python (rather than a complex project like Pinax that requires Django-fu to understand).

The whole point of this type of system is that the user shouldn't have
to know about the internals, otherwise it has failed. So pinax is
Python/Django, we should be using a Python-based system, and we can
improve anything we don't like as well, and improve a Python product
for the rest of the world.

Although as an old codger I'm a dedicated fan of static HTML sites,
I'd rather use the pinax than anything to do with the No 2 'evil
empire'.

> We have done the Django-fu, that is not a problem. For people who want
> to be involved, let me know and I will add you to the doodle list.

What is this doodle? Nicholas' link just goes to doodle.com, not a
specific doodle. Please send the details.

Best wishes,

John