[python-uk] [pyconuk] Proposed PyCon UK UnConference, 5th September

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 09:06:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Tim Head <betatim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> 2009/8/7 Tim Head <betatim at gmail.com>:
> > interested in talking about (Django is interesting but these days I
> > care more about scipy and such scientific software, also ctypes)
> > before committing.
> >

> I guess what I should have said is: anyone interested in talking
> about/hacking/teaching me some cool tricks :) about scipy, numpy,
> ctypes, ROOT, physics(high energy particle) or R?
>
> If so I will come;)
>
> Tim

topics I'll be interested in talking to others about:
 - numpy
 - ctypes/pyrex/cython/python C modules
 - pygame/pyopengl
 - testing
 - app distribution
 - multimedia/art

Also... pyweek will be wrapping up then, so it'd be cool to meet up with any
other pyweek entrants.

Will also be cool to meet up with other people to hear what projects they're
working on.

ps.  I think it'd be good to start pimping pyconuk unconference outside of
these mailing lists.  I'm sure there's many others interested not on the
mailing lists.  I've made a blog post, and put it on the pygame.org website.

There doesn't seem to have been many mentions of pyconuk recently(only 7
results in the last week)... :
  http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pyconuk&hl=en&hs=VTL&tbo=1&tbs=qdr:w

So it seems getting the word out is the main problem.