[python-uk] Python Contractor required

Rakesh Thakrar rakesh.thakrar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:20:51 CEST 2008

Hi All,

An opportunity for a talented Python Software Engineer has arisen to join a
company which is currently going through a phase of rapid expansion.
Candidates must have excellent software development skills to join an
established team within this small company with offices in the U.K. and U.S.
An ideal candidate will be familiar with Linux, have a passion for working
with OpenSource software and a flair for creating innovative solutions to
complex problems.

The candidate will be a self motivated, flexible software engineer working
within the existing I.T. Team. The day to day role will almost exclusively
focus on new projects.

*Key elements of the role include*

l  Work closely with the I.T. team and business managers to aid the design
and implementation of a new web based application for our customers and data
processing engine.

l  Work closely with the application design team to understand, agree, plan
and develop the new application.

l  Assess software requirements and assist with the project planning stage.

l  Design, code and test various software elements in both Windows and Linux
based environments.

l  Ability to train and  mentor other members of the software development
team.

l  Experience of working within a development team using source control and
collaborative tools such as Subversion, CVS, Trac, etc.

l  Providing required documentation (specifications, test plans, processes,
etc).

This is a 6-12 month contract based near Portsmouth in Hampshire UK .

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Regards

Rakesh