[python-uk] ann: Python at the IET

Michael Grazebrook mgrazebrook at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 6 02:14:20 CEST 2007

Thanks to all who made it. We had a terrific turn-out: overbooked, but
fortunately just enough people didn't show to let everyone get in. We
were told to plan for 30 but got about 140.

Tim did a superb presentation which both showcased the language nicely
and also was easy for beginners to follow. Pete's graphical programming
demo was impressive - the use of introspection to turn doc comments into
tool-tip hints was clever, as was the amount he could create for very
little code.

About 3/4 of the audience were novices: we'd aimed it at them, but I
think pitched it too high even so, and not enough practical content.
Still, it seemed well received (or was everyone just too polite to say?)

We certainly made our point that there's an interested audience. And I'm
optimistic that we'll get more slots to put events on.

So I'd be grateful for feedback - what do we want out of future events?
What can we learn from this one?