[python-uk] ann: Python at the IET

Pierre DeWet Pierre.DeWet at BITC.ORG.UK
Mon Jul 2 12:30:35 CEST 2007

Sounds cool.
Registration is closed for this,though. Is it still worth turning up
and hoping for the best? :)

Pierre

>>> On 02/07/2007 at 10:34, mail at timgolden.me.uk wrote:
If you're in London around 6.30pm this Thursday evening, July 5th 2007,
you might want to drop in on The Institution of
Engineering and Technology [1] on the Embankment near Waterloo Bridge
[2] for "A Light byte of Python" [3]. Michael
Grazebrook, Pete Ryland and I are flying the Python flag for the
benefit of technologists who have not yet had the
pleasure. Michael will be using ctypes to control a USB-interfaced
sensor kit; Pete will be demoing user interfaces;
I'll be using BeautifulSoup and sqlite3 to populate a database from a
web page and (time permitting) using csv and
ReportLab to push it back out again.

We're presenting the thing as a bring-a-laptop workshop, and it would
be great if we had experienced Pythoneers along to
  help afterwards (in addition to ourselves). The take-up's been quite
high for the event and there's tea & coffee
beforehand and sandwiches afterwards.

Tim Golden

[1] http://www.theiet.org/
[2]
http://www.iee.org/OnComms/Branches/UK/england/SEastE/london/Venues/savoy.cfm
[3]
http://www.iee.org/OnComms/Branches/UK/england/SEastE/london/Events/july.cfm

http://www.star.net.uk

Business in the Community
Registered Office 137 Shepherdess Walk, London N1 7RQ
Registered Charity No 297716
Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 1619253
This email (and any attachment(s)) is private and intended solely for the
recipient. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
If you are not the intended recipient please destroy all copies and inform the
sender by return e-mail.

Business in the Community reserves the right to monitor, record and retain any
incoming and outgoing emails for security reasons and for monitoring internal
compliance with the Business in the Community policy on use. Email monitoring
and/or blocking software may be used.

No contracts can be entered into on our behalf by email.
http://www.star.net.uk