[python-uk] [OT] MU G&S (was: New user group)

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Tue Feb 6 00:13:50 CET 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 13:57, Tim Golden wrote:
> [Michael Sparks]
>
> > I won't be there unfortunately because I'll
> > be at a rehearsal - http://www.mugss.org/show/ .
>
> Hey! Hope it goes well.

Thanks!

> If you look here:
>
> http://www.mugss.org/history/1989/

Cool :-) So, you coming to see the show then? ;-)

> Good luck with it when it comes; G&S is always fun.

Many thanks - it's gonna be a blast this year :)

Michael.
 --
OK, on that topic, a relatively spammy mail, but if you're in the Manchester
area, it'll be worthwhile.  (I hadn't intended to post this here because

(repost of mail to geekup)

Hi!

I'd like to invite you all to come and see a Bollywood inspired version of
"The Mikado" at the Royal Northern College of Music. It's being put on
by the award winning MUGSS society, and tickets start at a piffling £5 for
concessions or start at £8 for the rest of us :)

Why should you see it?

It's going to be FANTASTIC, with a chorus of dozens and dancing
numbers that just don't end. You'll never have seen The Mikado done
this way nor never again. Where else can you see a giant elephant on
stage in a light opera set in Japan? You can come and laugh at
me on stage :) You will enjoy it, and anyone else you bring will
too :)

When is it ?

 From Valentine's day until the end of the week - Feb 14th - Feb 17th,
at 7:30pm, also with a  matinee on the 17th at 2:30, so you can bring
the kids, who are *bound* to love it :)

The matinee will also feature BSL signing.

Where can I get tickets?

Either speak to me and I can get them for you, and we can wraggle over
concessions :) or book online using the RNCM's website. More info:
   * http://www.mugss.org/show/tickets/
   * http://tinyurl.com/2wtqj4 (link to RNCM website)

What's it about?

Well, The Mikado does have one of the more cogent plots of G&S, and
its essentially a love story of hope, despair, and courage. More info:
   * http://www.mugss.org/show/

Not interested? Please pass this on to someone who will be :)