[python-uk] Turbogears

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Jan 25 13:20:29 CET 2006

Doug,

I've read your blog and your replies here with great interest.
The points you make about understanding and progress are very interesting.
No wonder [some] people think Zope sucks because Acquisition is so
difficult to grok; but now after having understood its power I feel
this is one of Zope's best feature. The reason I didn't give up was
because I had a friend whom I trusted that I persist. If it wasn't for
him I would probably have avoided zope quite early.

I'm wondering Doug, what's your take on zope3 vs. TG?

On 1/25/06, Doug Winter <doug at isotoma.com> wrote:
> Simon Faulkner wrote:
> >>RoR and TG share the explict MVC model as a one-size-fits-all approach
> >>to web development, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on
> >>your application I guess.  TG does seem to provide everything you need
> >>to write a complex web application, and it does provide a huge amount of
> >>the scaffolding for you.
> >

> > Ha! Just read (some of) your blog Doug and it puts a lot of stuff into
> > perspective - ty :-)
>
> I was trying to be more polite in a general email than I am on my blog
> :) For everyone else, Simon is referring to:
>
> http://adju.st/entry/web-frameworks-and-why-most-of-them-suck
>
> I think, where I slag off TG as well as almost everything else.
>
> > I think that a lot of my requirements are at the 'another todo' list (I
> > laughed at that one!)
>
> I just wrote a long response to this, and then decided it ought to be a
> blog entry instead, since I was planning one anyhow:
>
> http://adju.st/entry/sucky-web-frameworks-redux
>
> So consider that a reply to this :)
>
> > What ever I decide it's got to be better than Access...
>
> Oh yes.
>
> doug.
>
> --
> doug at isotoma.com   / Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting
> Tel: 020 7620 1446 / Mobile: 07879 423002 / Fax: 020 79006980
> Skype: dougwinter  / http://www.isotoma.com
> Lincoln House, 75 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7HS

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com
hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com