[python-uk] Reminder: Python Meet Manchester 8th Feb, Lass O'Gowrie

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Wed Feb 1 16:08:32 CET 2006

Hi,

Just a reminder that Python Meet Manchester is happening NEXT week.
    * Where: Lass O'Gowrie Pub. Directions: http://tinyurl.com/cp3kv
    * When: 7pm onwards, Wed 8th Feb

I don't know if this'll be the first meetup for pythonistas that's happened in
Manchester, but it'll be the first one I've been to there - should be fun :-)

If you've been to one in London you know pretty much what to expect - a
bunch of geeks in a pub talking, well, about python and stuff they find
interesting. If you've used/written/found something you think's cool and
want to talk about it & show it off please do.

Sign up page (not obligatory, but would be nice if people did - it at least
has my ugly mug on as a point of reference for people :-) here:
   * http://tinyurl.com/a9cry

Current topics offered up for discussion:
   * Turbo Gears
   * Kamaelia (Similar problem space to twisted for people who don't know what
      it is, but very different - hopefully more newbie friendly)
   * How to write "Pythonically". (I'm convinced you need to be dutch for that
     one myself ;-)

Also if you're vaguely interested in python, but are interested in other
things like RoR, please come along - the London meets are interesting
because of the eclectic mix of people/interests :-)

Likewise if there's anything you'd be interested in seeing/hearing about,
please come and chat about it :)

Please feel free to forward this reminder around!

See you there!

Michael.