[python-uk] Python for Kids

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:43:01 CEST 2005

On 6/10/05, Alan G <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:

> Just being curious, but how did you get on?

The nephew loves it and will nag me to fire up my laptop so that he
can run Childsplay.  Especially the PacKids game, which is quite
useful from the spelling and pronounciation perspective as well as
being entertaining.

The main drawback with Childsplay so far, is that most of the
games/activities are lacking in levels.  The project clearly needs
more developers to add more  levels and games/activities.  Perhaps it
might even be worth organizing a sprint at something like the rumoured
forthcoming PyCon UK.  Alternatively, the London Python Meetup crew
might like to do something.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller