[python-uk] Openings at creative technology company Soda [London, UK]

Tim Diggins tim at red56.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 17:06:02 CET 2005

Soda, a small creative technology company (and arts collective) has three
vacancies:

Interaction designer/developer
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/design2005.htm
Internet software designer/developer
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/software2005.htm
Systems administrator
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/sysadminjob2005.htm

--------
Note to accu-contacts/python people from an python-accu colleague working at
Soda. (general info follows):
--------
Soda do our programming in java (typically complex servlets and drawing
applications), in C++ (typically networked desktop applications (sometime
with wxWidgets) and  some other more creative or hybrid technologies both in
web and desktop environments (such as Flash, Director, Python, PHP). We're
an odd mix of creatives & programmers, research & commercial work,
open-source & intellectual property - doesn't suit all, but for those who
like that sort of hybridity... it's great.

Some info about Soda is below. For more specifics on the three job roles and
details of how to apply (please don't email me about it, unless you want to
suggest other places I can post this info!)  please check out the website
http://www.soda.co.uk or the specific deep links.

Please pass this info on to anyone who might be interested.

Thanks!

Tim Diggins
Development Director
Soda

-------------------------------
Soda is growing
-------------------------------
Soda is a multi-disciplinary team of highly creative people - designers,
artists, programmers, educationalists - with an enthusiasm for creative
technology and a shared vision of its application in the interrelated fields
of play, learning, and art. Our work encompasses both the development of
tool frameworks and the creation of specific applications, encompassing
research, arts practice and experimental projects alongside targeted
commercial projects. Our funders, partners and clients are similarly
diverse, including universities, museums and arts venues, local authorities,
broadcasters, educational/cultural development bodies and internationally
recognised companies.

We are seeking to expand our team to help us deliver our research and
commercial projects - with both immediate and long-term timeframes - and are
interested in hearing from people with the skills, experience and interests
to make a significant contribution to our work. Soda people have hybrid
talents and enjoy an intimate interplay between creativity and technology.
We are a small close-knit company and you will need to be able to act
independently and demonstrate creative initiative. You should also be happy
to interact with clients, smile under pressure and work creatively to budget
and deadline.

Interaction designer/developer
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/design2005.htm
Internet software designer/developer
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/software2005.htm
Systems administrator
   http://www.soda.co.uk/careers/sysadminjob2005.htm

-------------------------------
How to apply
-------------------------------
Email us (info at soda.co.uk) a copy of your CV and a supporting statement
explaining why you would make an excellent addition to the soda team. Please
clearly state which role you are interested in, and include a note of your
current salary (or rates if you are working in a freelance capacity)

We will be inviting a small number of people to meet us face to face and may
do an initial round of telephone interviews.

The closing date for application for all three posts is Friday 4th February
2005.

Sorry, but at this stage:
WE WILL NOT ANSWER ANY ENQUIRIES BY PHONE
WE WILL NOT ANSWER ANY ENQUIRES FROM AGENCIES