[python-uk] I guess I just quadruples the activity...

Phil Hornby phil.hornby at accutest.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 13:54:16 EDT 2003

Well from the sounds of it my little query just hugely increased the usage
of this mailing list....we could always try and keep it going....

What sort of things are you using Python for?

I have only started using Python 6-9 months ago. Another guy at my company
has been using it for a few years. My initial exposure was through WinCVS,
then the Tasking Compiler for the C167 (as they have embedded Python so you
can write your own scripts to extend the EDE).

I moved on from those things to start writing extensions and embedding
Python. The 2 systems we have developed are 1) An end of line tester; and 2)
a logging/simulation system for the automotive industry. My company is very
interested in carrying on using the technology as they can see the
flexibility and capabilities, even thought we seem to be using it for
totally different things to everyone else....;)

Are most people out there in the UK using Python for web based systems or
Linux/Unix based apps?

--
Phil Hornby
Accutest Ltd.