[python-uk] Python UK conference 2003

Andy Robinson python-uk@python.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:10:05 +0100

Speak of the devil.  I had talks with the organisers
(Francis and Sue) yesterday and am working on a draft call
for papers. I am meeting Susan Bennett tomorrow morning to
confirm, but provisionally Guido will attend and they will
cover his costs.  They want it as big as possible and we know
250 people is possible know - especially with someone else
doing the work and us having time to advertise it.  There should
definitely be a few 'crossover' talks on cross-language programming,
C/C++/Java integration and so on.

The first issue is what to call it.  My own feeling is that
we should make this "EuroPython 2" and see if the guys in
Charleroi would do "EuroPython 3" in October some time, so
we have 2 big events 6 months apart.  Guido likes this too.
I will try to call the Aragne people and informally sound
them out on this, and then post there and the EuroPython list
with everything I have found out tomorrow morning.

Have to rush now...

- Andy Robinson