[Python-uk] Embedding as a selling strategy

Andy Robinson andy@robanal.demon.co.uk
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 04:35:09 -0700 (PDT)

A strategy is clearly emerging.  A key Python selling
point is its ability to script other languages.  It
can thus
- produce test harnesses for Language X
- help prototype object models in Language X
- add macro languages or scripting to Language X
...where X includes at least C++, Visual Basic and
Java.  Just don't tell them they will be giving up
Language X six months later - let them find that out!

We have a vacancy to speak to the UK C++ user group
for 90 minutes in March, but I lack the C++ skills.
Who fancies either doing this, or going halves on it?

And user groups exist for the others too..easy to hit
them.  Once we get some practice, this could be a
valuable seminar series and I can see it getting some
demand.

Regards,

Andy

=====