[Python-uk] Promoting Python in the UK

Josette Garcia josette@oreilly.co.uk
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:41:20 +0100

Hello

The possibly best contact for the C++ User Group is Francis Glassborow (ex
chaiman) - francis@robinson.demon.co.uk

Andy, I have talked to Francis this afternoon and like your idea that Python
could complement C++ and not compete with it (please guys don't laugh I am
not technical)... As said he liked the idea and would like to invite to talk
at their Spring meeting (24/25 March). This meeting is known worldwide and
had speakers such as Stroustrup, Coplien etc. The talk would be for 90 mns.

Please please let him know within the next few days if you are interested
since he is going to the States at the end of next to talk to possible
speakers there.

All the best
Josette