[Python-uk] Next London Python meeting...

Andy Robinson andy@robanal.demon.co.uk
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 07:06:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Adrian Eyre <a.eyre@optichrome.com> wrote:
> >> Does everyone here actually live in London?
>
> > No.  There's also a Cambridge group and at least
> one inhabitant of
> > Oxford has been noticed.  Thus far we haven't
> gotten much beyond
> > organising informal meetings.
>
> Perhaps I should be more specific:
>
> Do most the people who are near enough to London to
> attend a meet there
> actually live in London, or some county near to
> London.
>
> e.g. If everyone concerned actually lives in Surrey,
> then it would be
> easier for everyone to meet there instead of London.

Well, there are three in Putney and one in Richmond,
which is why Putney is leading the charge at the
moment - and it is at least close to Surrey.

I can't make this weekend - off visiting relatives -
but am on for something the week starting 6th December
if anyone else is.

Maybe we should try to get a teensy bit more formal in
December that would tempt everyone to get together -
does anyone's company have a meeting room after work
we could use to give short talks in (anywhere at all)?
 I'm still working on my City contacts for this, but
it is a low priority for them and nothing firm has
happened yet.

Regards,

Andy

=====