[python-sg] Decide upon the list

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Wed Aug 3 02:19:17 CEST 2011

( I write this after forwarding an email about Python tools for Visual
studio to this list).

Hello All,

Did we decide anything on this list? In the last email I responded
back to Martin that just asking 7 people and voting for closure is not
a good idea.  However, I am for maintaining a healthy community and
would like to know if anyone in the subscribers is unhappy with this
list existing?

I asked python.org maintainers to create this and I am the owner.
I added Martin as moderators as he was pretty active. Martin suggested
Greg Goh (name correct?) to be added as Moderator too, I thought is
already a low volume so once a becomes high-volume, let's add it.

I am strictly against Facebook for any technical discussions. One
would spoil oneself, if (s)he uses Facebook groups for technical
discussions, it is perfectly good for social discussions/ meetup.

I am not sure, why the discussion on having a google group came up and
what was decided.  So, if you anyone would care to explain, it would
be helpful. We can let the two exist or close the down one.

For the un-initiated, I would suggest checking
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo

--
Senthil