[Python-porting] Possible bug: Using futurize, code blows up around line 271 in main.py

Mark Richardson mrichardson3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 22:38:01 CEST 2014

Greetings all,

It's my first post, so if I'm breaking protocol, please forgive. Tried
running futurize on
some of my old python2 code and the futurizer blew up around line 271
with error:

NameError: name 'logger' is not defined

The original line starts with

     logger.info('Output ...

and I think it should be

     logging.info('Output ...

First off, I'm not sure if this is what the author intended and secondly,
if it is what the author intended, what is the method that I go about to see
that the bug gets corrected?  I'm perfectly fine, with fixing my own copy
to get it to run, but it seems like I should generate a resolution to
the source
code so that the next guy/gal doesn't have to go down the same rabbit
hole.  If there's a link to a rtfm page for these type of issues, I'm
more than
happy to read it and reapply my issue again.

Thanks,
Mark R.