[Python-porting] Shebang lines for Python 3

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:30:41 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 21:22, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> OK, so actually Arch was the counterexample given in the other
>> discussion too.  Does Arch not include a python3 alias?
>
> They do.

Ah, so the Arch argument really isn't a good one, because /usr/bin/env
python3 will still work there.  And as far as I've heard, it will work
everywhere else too.

The real problem with Arch is that Python 2 stuff will break, not
Python 3, and as we decided, this is Arch's fault, not ours.

Aaron Meurer