[Python-porting] PyCon Zope sprint Python 3 progress report / roadmap.

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Mar 15 21:36:38 CET 2011

Lennart, great to see ztk packages getting ported to Python 3.  I'm planning
on starting a serious Mailman 3 porting project once zope.component is
ported.

On Mar 15, 2011, at 02:05 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

>COMMENT: Loads of tests, mostly doctests means this is a pain to port.

I'm sure you know this, but doctests can be automatically converted via 2to3
by adding the following to your setup.py (assuming you use distribute):

setup(
    # Auto-conversion to Python 3.
    use_2to3=True,
    convert_2to3_doctests=find_doctests(),
    )

find_doctests() here being nothing specially, just an os.walk over your tree
to find the appropriate doctest files.

Cheers,
-Barry