[Python-porting] A website to help Python 3 porting

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:25:45 CET 2011

Hi All,
        I was working on a website to help porting libraries to Python 3:
http://getpython3.net/  Some of the BangPypers members also
helped me to develop this site:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/bangpypers/2011-January/005746.html

I am looking forward to your feedback.  I am interested to know
the features which will be useful for the developers.

I already have some feature in my todo list:

1) Tag (keyword/label) feature.  So that users can add
tags like: fedora15, ubuntu1104, django, pylons, macos etc.

2)  "feedback" script: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/feedback
This will provide a console script (setuptools based entry point)
which can be used to submit feedback directly from the
machine.  In order to accomplish this I also want to
create a RESTful API: http://getpython3.net/api/1.0/newfeedback

4) Auto-detect the trove classifier (Programming Language :: Python :: 3)
 and display it prominently, see this page:
 http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=533&show=all

5) Show the dependent distributions for a distribution (may be a tree)

If you have any other suggestion, please add the entry here
or reply to this mail:
https://github.com/baijum/getpython3/issues

If anyone interested to work on this project, let me know.  You can create
forks and make pull requests here: https://github.com/baijum/getpython3

Regards,
Baiju M