[python-nl] Python Meetup Octobre 22nd

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Sep 1 17:35:20 CEST 2014

On 01-09-14 16:11, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:
>> >There aren't many talks that are pure about something very
>> >python-internal. There was one at the last PUN, though, a nice one
>> >about "async, coroutines, event loops", which looks a bit like the
>> >"Python, Parallelism and Concurrency" that you've planned:-)
> I do wonder how similar it will be to Tikitu's talk, which btw was
> very, very nice:)

My guess, based on the title, is at a higher level. Whether to use
threads or separate processes. One machine or more. We'll see :-)

>> >Dutch-language? All the talks are in English, unless everyone
>> >understands Dutch.
> I thought it was other way around: they'd be in Dutch, unless someone
> in the audience didn't understand.

Well, it is asked every time whether there's someone who only speaks
English. So that might definitively sound like "we'd prefer Dutch".

My estimate: 80% of the meetings has been in English.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                          http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org                   http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/