[python-nl] Classes om delen van programma te herhalen

Guido Wesdorp johnnydebris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:18:04 CEST 2014

Actually, I assume we're dealing with someone who has surpassed the
high-school age a bit  (no offence!! :) , since he thinks 'Python is like
Basic, but without the line numbers' and I think the last Basic I've dealt
with that had line numbers was pre-Amiga or so... :) I assume this is
someone who wants to pick up Python as a hobby (or perhaps needs a couple
of lines of code for some work-related project) after playing with Basic on
a C-64 or ZX-something or so?

Anyway, I think it would make sense for Marc to read some entry-level docs
before asking questions here, this stuff is so basic that if you don't know
that, you will most probably want to read the other 101 stuff too, and
asking here before reading the beginner docs is time-consuming, not only
for us, but also for him... I would say, first thing to do would be to
visit docs.python.org and read https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/index.html
(or replace the 2 with 3 for the latest Python version), then tinker about
a bit, then if you really get stuck ask here (I assume you haven't read the
docs, else you would probably have known that functions ('def') are used
for 'subroutines' and 'class' is more of a container of data and functions
rather than a callable block of code).

Cheers,

Guido