[python-nl] Need a pointer... how to create an application or website and use Python

Niels Bom niels at nielsbom.com
Thu Apr 18 16:07:29 CEST 2013

If you're still fairly new to Python I would start doing simple commandline
scripts/applications first. Later on switch to websites and/or GUI
applications.

This will bypass a big stack of problems/challenges you get when you're
making Python-powered websites. I've no experience with GUI applications
but a wild guess is that it's similar. There are frameworks to help you
with those challenges but if you're just trying to learn stuff they can get
in the way.

Applications that you start with the commandline can be
a) very useful
b) as complicated as any other Python application
So don't see it as something only for beginners :-)

Then again if you have a concrete idea for a website or GUI application go
right ahead :-)

-Niels