[python-nl] PUN meeting on FRIDAY in september (21st)

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Aug 16 15:21:43 CEST 2012

On 16-08-12 14:35, Reinout van Rees wrote:

> Marcel will talk about mongoengine. Marcel, can you still come despite
> the move to a friday?

I just got a mail from Marcel: yes, he'll be there. His mail to the list
bounced, so here's his announcement:

"""
Definitely, looking forward!

My talk will focus on our relational+privilege mixins for MongoEngine,
which make it a breeze to maintain 2-way relations and object-level
privileges, and on TastyMongo, that gives you a robust REST api.

We very successfully migrated /from/ Django+Tastypie with results
exceeding our expectations (and super-easy deployment), so anyone having
performance/scalability problems (w/Django) or considering a migration
to Pyramid (+MongoEngine) for other reasons should find a good starting
point.

KR,
Marcel.
"""