[python-nl] It's Django Bingo time!

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue Mar 23 14:29:27 CET 2010

On 03/20/2010 06:17 PM, Alex de Landgraaf wrote:

> During the Django meeting last month I held a presentation on my
> dashboard/reporting/BI project, now known as Django Bingo.
>
> It took a while, but I finally got around to putting a version of Django
> Bingo online: http://github.com/alextreme/Django-Bingo
>
> For an example dashboard, see http://netmon.aperte.nl

Dashboard looks nice, but it also looks similar (functionality-wise) to
the usual suspects like munin and nagios.

Any particular reasons not to re-use most of munin/nagios' functionality
and hook up django's data via a plugin?  I'm asking because we're
starting to roll our own, too, instead of re-using munin :-)  I'm not
particularly in favour as you need to rebuild a lot of common
functionality (storing historical data, pinging hosts, website uptime
monitor, etc.) just to get one or two specific wishes in.

So: I'm looking for more input :-)  We use django a lot internally, so
*if* we're rolling our own, seeing a django project for it triggered my
attention!

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org