[python-nigeria] On my Honor...... I do solemnly swear

Aisha Bello aishabello2050 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:41:39 EDT 2016

Bonsoir Pythonistas,

It's the middle of the week and I normally will wait till the weekend when
everyone is a lot less busy to push an email. But I am in exceedingly high
spirits and I thought I hola at my PyFamily.

I was really moved by tosin's(a.k.a @acetakwas) email to us and I must
confess I have been guilty recently. So am here to say on my Honor I will
try to do better in being actively engaged with the community. For me I
have come to know many of you personally and more than just a Python
community You've all become like family even though I have never met many
of you before.
Talking about interesting topics and learning new things the people in
#Pydata channel have been super amazing and in these past few weeks I have
learnt a lot and gotten a lot of help from the great analytic minds in that
channel than i would have learnt if I was on my own, or taken longer in
solving my own DM tasks. I am particularly proud of how much we've grown
and how there is an unfathomable bond that keeps getting stronger. Who
would think that our community is barely 5 months old and we've been able
to achieve so much.
I hail all thee Naija Pythonistas. We are so on point. So to this end I do
solemnly swear to do everything within my power to keep us going and to
keep preaching the ever so awesome PyNigeria community from the top of my
voice shouting from the rooftops.

On the voting side and being a voting member on the PSF......time to get us
actively involved. Would really encourage anyone who has been putting
things together on their end to signup and let's get our voices heard. In a
non APC or PDP voice *Every vote counts* ;)

My next email would be giving you guys the exclusive gists from PyLadies
Launch there are still a few places left. As much as it's PyLadies and it's
supposed to be encouraging more women into the tech scene we all know there
are very few female Pythonistas so we need your help and support (a.k.a the
guys) in getting the word/message out there. Consider this an exclusive
invite to PyLadies Launch on Saturday;).

oops I did it again.  I apologize for the long epistle.

Aisha
(PyNigeria Community Enthusiast :D)