[python-nigeria] Matters Arising

Aisha Bello aishabello2050 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 16:57:48 EDT 2016

Bonsoir Pythonistas :D,

I hope this meets us well. So sometime ago on Slack someone commented on
how everywhere had gone really quiet and someone else replied that
Pythonistas were queuing for fuel.#FuelScarcity. I hope none of us had to
waste valuable time or even spend the night queuing for Fuel.

So first of welcome Temitope nice to have you on here. Here's to more
productive collaborations between you and the community.

I need to bring you guys attention to this cool post by our one and only
Tosin Damilare aka @acetakwas
http://takwas.github.io/article/what-follows-django-girls.html for those of
us who haven't read it.

On PyLadies: So shout out to @Ichux for helping us secure a venue for the
next 3 months for our bi weekly meetups. Yaaay guys it's finally happening.
Save the date the Launch of Pyladies Nigeria is happening this coming
Saturday on the 16th. See more details here
http://www.meetup.com/pyladiesnigeria/
Inspired by a recent article I read on Medium we have decided to open up
the floor to guys to come and celebrate our Launch with us. Hurry though
only 9 spots left.
Like I said before PyLadies is going to be framework agnostic and hopes to
touch all key areas of the general purpose language ranging from data
Science to web development, robotics etc...

On another note just incase you missed it too on the Python-Africa mailing
list; for those of us interested in PyCon ZA their call for proposals is
open. See more here https://za.pycon.org/ It would be amazing to have some
of you represent the PyNigeria community at SouthAfrica. Please submit a
talk or workshop proposal....................

And there you go.....cheers to me not writing long emails ;)

Asante (.....in my Swahili voice) and have a pythonic week ahead.

Aisha Bello