Silly (maybe) question re imported module(s)

Grizzy Adams RealGrizzlyAdams at vivaldi.net
Fri May 19 08:36:07 EDT 2023

Friday, May 19, 2023  at 12:25, Barry Scott wrote:
Re: Silly (maybe) question re impor (at least in part)

>> On 19 May 2023, at 07:44, Grizzy Adams via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> Morning All
>>
>> I'm working through the tutorial and running / saving work that I wish to keep
>> and build on, most times I can save and (re)import later with no difference to
>> when typed in console or editor and run with F5 (which saves before it can run)
>>
>> But sometimes saved work (albeit small) when imported does not work any longer

>> I assume I have missed something, any pointers to what/how/why please

>reimport is not 100% reliable, in simple cases it will work, but as your
>code gets more complex it can break.

at the moment my code is very minimal, one saved piece is a nice one-liner that
I kept because I wanted to remember syntax and how easy/elegant "some" things
are in python, but if I import it it fails

>I rarely use reimport. Usually just exit python and start again.

I may have confused this I use import to get my saved work, the "re" was to
shoe it had been saved by the editor