[pygettext] --package-name and --package-version unknown

Alan Gauld learn2program at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:54:30 EDT 2023

On 04/05/2023 22:38, c.buhtz at posteo.jp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> am I right to assume that "pygettext" is part of the official Python3
> "package"? So it is OK to aks here?

No it doesn't appear to be. It is not listed in the standard library.
It is mentioned in the documentation for gettext which is part of the
standard library.

It does seem to be part of the Python i18n toolkit however.
There are extensive comments in the .py file.

https://github.com/python/cpython/tree/main/Tools/i18n/pygettext.py

> I would like to modify the header that pygettext does create in each
> po-file.

Sorry, I've never used pygettext so can't help there.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site