TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str

Hen Hanna henhanna at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:12:07 EST 2023

On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 4:54:36 PM UTC-8, Greg Ewing wrote:
> On 26/02/23 10:53 am, Paul Rubin wrote:
> > I'm not on either list but the purpose of the tutor list is to shunt
> >              beginner questions away from the main list.

> There's a fundamental problem with tutor lists. They rely on
> experienced people, the ones capable of answering the questions,
> to go out of their way to read the tutor list -- something that
> is not of personal benefit to them.
>
> Also, pointing people towards tutor lists, if not done carefully,
> can give the impression of saying "newcomers are not welcome here".
> That's not a message we want to send to Python newcomers at all.
>
> --
> Greg

1.   i still think that  my original question  about   (not "int")   is  a good one.
                  it may  seem like a  stupid      [beginner question] ,     but it really isn't.

2. the rude guy ('dn') hasn't  offered  a single word of comment   that's directly relevant to it.
               --------  but he did  offer related stuff  which he thinks i should be  [grateful] for

3.   it's pretty clear  that  the rude guy ('dn')  intended-intends  to insult me as a Newbie... that much is certain.

 It'd be easy for the Error-Msg to include   the   VALUE   of the int.

                A   LISP   programmer knows the value of everything,
                                          but the cost of nothing.

>>>   TypeError: can only join an iterable

                      Here she's not even telling me the TYPE of the offending object.