TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Fri Feb 24 22:39:00 EST 2023

On 25/02/2023 09.36, Hen Hanna wrote:
>                       TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str
>
> thanks for the comments,  ---   esp. 2 or 3 (?) ppl  who  directly addressed it or commented on it.

If you haven't already, please review the Python Software Foundation's
Code of Conduct https://www.python.org/psf/conduct/

> py   and pypy  don't tell me what the (offending)  int   is
>
>                             (even tho'  it'd be easy to show me the int, or number)
>
> because  a Tuple, List... may produce  a long output and they don't want to deal with ways of abbreviating  it   (with ....... )
>
> and because  User-defined  Class object may cause another error while printing it.

>                    TypeError: can only join an iterable
>
> Here too it'd help me   if  pypy (Jeannie)  could tell me what the offending data object is.

Observation:
- python doesn't tell you what you want
- correspondents are not telling you what you want and/or how you want
There's a common theme developing...

Suggestion: if you want help, and at the frequency with which you've
been posting recently, would it be better not to sound like a 'troll'?

Please understand everyone here is volunteering time, in a bid to
provide you (and each-other) with benefit.

Does the FACT that you have failed to answer several questions from
colleagues really entitle you to demand others only directly-address you
(and only your questions)?

--
Regards,
=dn