Python 3.12.1, Windows 11: shebang line #!/usr/bin/env python3 doesn't work any more

Félix An fffelix.jan.yt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:09:01 EST 2023

On 2023-12-25 12:36, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> 3. You cannot trust Microsoft. You can trust Python Software Foundation. Python from PSF works the same in all environments - or if not it is a bug. Python from Microsoft is tweaked to satisfy their aforementioned strategy of locking in users to Windows.

I strongly disagree with this. I don't get all the irrational hate for
Microsoft that exists within the Linux community. In recent years,
Microsoft has made great contributions to the everyday life of Linux
users. VS Code is based on open source and available on Linux, .NET is
now on Linux, Windows has WSL2 and Visual Studio Linux development tools
to help you develop software for Linux, SQL Server (despite still being
commercial software except for the Express and Developer versions) is on
Linux, etc.