XAMPP control panel python

Mike Easter MikeE at ster.invalid
Mon Jul 19 13:21:29 EDT 2021

I don't do any programming, including python.  I've encountered a python
situation which I'm wondering would be a huge task to remedy or not.

XAMPP is a package of programs which is installed to linux w/ an install
.run file from apache friends.  There is an associated
xampp-control-panel.py file which is apparently derived from an
xampp-control-panel.glade file, both in the opt/lampp/
share/xampp-control-panel dir.  Apparently this CP feature of xampp is
not maintained (files dated 2009) and the 2009 CP readme says:

To run the XAMPP Control Panel, you will need:

      Linux (may work on other OSs)
      GTK 2.x
      PyGTK (also known as python-gtk) 2.x
      XAMPP

I installed py2 to my Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 (off Ub LTS 20.04) but
that didn't solve the problem w/ running the .py file w/ python2; I got
a traceback saying there was no gtk module.  The pip I have is for py3.
I can put the .py file on pastebin if anyone wants.

Apparently the Win v. of xampp has a CP based on Delphi someone said, so
that one is being maintained.

--
Mike Easter