Reinstalling

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Jan 29 15:14:54 EST 2021

On 1/29/21 11:29 AM, Rafael Llera wrote:
> Good day;
>
> I installed Python3.9.1 and PyCharm two days ago and did a basic tutorial
> and all went well.  My laptop got glitchy and I decided to uninstall and
> reinstall both apps (don't ask).
>
> Now I am having problems starting a project with the interpreter,  I cannot
> find python3.
>
> I just uninstalled both apps again and found a lot of *.pyc files, my
> questions would it help to delete them all before reinstalling again, or is
> this a different issue.  thank you in advance.

different issue. not finding the interpreter is pretty much always a
path issue.

You don't say which operating system you're using.  There are pages for
the three main ones in the docs that might help, linked off of here:

https://docs.python.org/3/using/

If this is a problem *inside* PyCharm, you probably just have to
re-teach it where to find an interpreter, whether to use a virtualenv,
etc. PyCharm has decent enough docs on that if you just look for
interpreter.